Best Electric Skateboards Under 500 – Review and Buying Guide
This article will guide you to the best electric skateboards under 500
The 90s may be over but skateboarding isn’t. It is a lifestyle where the limits are only imposed by your imagination and athletic ability. Whether you want to impress girls or simply satisfy your desire for adrenaline and thrill, an electric skateboard is a right tool for you.
With that being said, there’s a wide variety of electric skateboards in the market, and when it comes right down to it, the selection of an E-skate comes down to personal preferences such as; the design, the motor, the battery, and the controls. Here’s a list of the best budget E-skates of 2020.
1. Teamgee H5 Electric Skateboard:
- Design: With its sleek urban design, the H5 is undoubtedly an eye-candy. The concave deck will give you a smooth unique experience and a great control over the skate. Teamgee also offers you eight layers of high-quality maple and a final layer of fiberglass which can load up to 200lbs to enjoy the best of your ride.
- Motor: The H5 is provided with two high-efficiency motors used in the back wheels. While loaded to its max, the H5 can offer you a power efficiency level of 90% and can reach a max velocity of 18 mph.
- Battery: Teamgee E-skate is everybody’s first choice for its unique feature. A super light weight battery that is installed inside the board itself. A lifespan of 10miles. With an impressive regenerative braking feature, you don’t have to worry about walking those few extra miles.
- Remote Control: You can control everything from speeds to directions from a user-friendly remote control with an LCD screen. It’s just like a magic carpet on four wheels.
2. BLITZART Huracane:
- Design: The Blitzart Huracane is designed as an all around longboard for cruising. Comfort and safety are both major features. 6 ply maple wood in between layers of bamboo with some premium grip tape for a nice flexibility and a maximum stability while riding.
- Motor: A discrete hub motor sits on top of the wheels. The Blitzart is in the middle of the pack when it comes down to speed, with a maximum velocity of 17mph. Yet, the motor has a great acceleration rate for its small size.
- Battery: A lithium battery that recharges in under 3hours. The skate keeps functioning at its full capacities even when it’s about to run out of steam. A lifespan of around 6-8 miles yet thanks to the unique design it can be ridden as a normal skateboard.
- Remote Control: A multi-functional remote control with both light and bulky profiles. There are also two preset modes for beginners and advanced riders. The unique feature is a hold button that locks the tires while trying to step on.
3. Spadger D5X Electric Skateboard:
- Design: A very simple yet modern urban design. Built with 85% of flexible fire-proof material. It is easy to control and you do not have to worry about the risk of explosions. A cool feature is Built-in LED light that will make you visible at night and gives the skate an alien-like aspect.
- Motor: In terms of performance, the Spadger D5X might not be the best choice. It is equipped with a 250W motor which reaches a max velocity of 12mph and a max climb angle of 15°
- Battery: A high-capacity Lithium battery that charges under 2 hours with a lifespan of 6.5miles. It is also safe and durable with a lot of protection features in case of overvoltage, overcharge and short circuit.
- Remote Control: In addition to the usual uses, the D5X’s remote control can adjust between 3 speed modes and control the built-in LED lights.
4. Alouette Phoenix Ryders:
- Design: A strong and durable 7 layers maple deck. An old fashioned design from the 90’s with unique and sharp touches. It is definitely a safe and ideal means of transportation of youngsters and new riders.
- Motor: It is provided with a 250W Hub Dual-motor, a more powerful performance and double the stamina. It has a strong and smooth acceleration with regenerative braking.
- Battery: A 25.2V Lithium battery, under 2 hours charging period. It provides stamina for a 9.3-mile-range and with the regenerative braking feature the skate can reach a max range of 14 Miles.
- Remote Control: A unique cruise control feature that will be your top choice while cruising. The remote control also displays everything from power consumption to mileage on an LCD screen.
5. BLITZART Tornado
- Design: Tornado shares the same deck construction as the BLITZART Huracane. A 6 ply maple wood sandwiched in between layers of bamboo in order to insure the same amount of balance and flexibility and absorb shocks.
- Motor: A powerful in-hub motor that pumps out up to 350W of power. It will send you flying down the streets at a max velocity of 17mph.
- Battery: It comes equipped with a 4.0 Ah Li-ion battery pack. It gets fully charged in just 2 hours and a half and will definitely allow you to make distances up to 8miles before it runs out of juice.
- Remote Control: It is a comfortable and easy to grip remote control. Extremely user-friendly and will hold connection with the board as long as you’re using it. You do not have to worry about the risk of skating blind with no remote control at the most unfortunate time.
6. VOKUL V1:
- Design: A simple, straightforward board, built with nothing but wood. Yet, it managed to create a charmingly retro design in an era dominated by fiber glass and bamboo. It provides a smooth ride and a lot of flexibility as well.
- Motor: It comes with a single 350 Watt hub motor. Not much of power yet it will definitely get you anywhere with a max velocity up to 13mph. The lack of speed was compensated with a smooth acceleration and gentle braking.
- Battery: The VOKUL V1 has the same battery pack as BLITZART Tornado, a 4.4Ah lithium battery. Only two hours to charge and can effectively power the board to a range of 10 miles.
- Remote Control: A user-friendly remote designed to fit perfectly in your hand. Very comfortable and practical. It allows you to toggle to 3 different speed modes.
7. Meepo V3
- Design: A pretty modern yet simple black design. The board is made out of seven layers of maple and one layer of bamboo, it does have a pretty nice flexibility and it is waterproof. The deck also has a cut-out which makes carrying it super easy.
- Motor: The Meepo V3 is a very powerful E-skate, loaded with a 540W dual hub motor. It can reach insane speeds up to 28 mph. This makes it the best choice for advanced riders who want to take their skateboarding skills to the next level.
- Battery: It is provided with a standard 158W Samsung battery that will last for 11miles. The range can be extended up to 20miles when the battery is upgraded.
- Remote Control: an MR remote specially designed for the Meepo V3. A huge screen, user-friendly and allows you to toggle between 3 speed modes; slow, medium and crazy fast.
8. SKATEBOLT Mini Fashion:
- Design: It is mostly designed for kids and teenagers and supports a maximum load of 198lbs. The deck is built with 7-layer maple. Sturdy yet flexible. Modern-looking, fashionable and youthful.
- Motor: It runs on a reliable 250-watt hub motor and can reach a maximum velocity of 12mph. Not much yet, it is so efficient in terms of acceleration and braking.
- Battery: The skate is outfitted with a robust 25.2V lithium battery pack. Fully charged, it can go a distance of 9 miles. Hopefully you can ride the mini Skatebolt as a regular kick skate when it runs out of steam.
- Remote Control: When it comes down to the remote control, the Skatebolt is pretty unique. You can navigate it through a wireless remote that shows information such as the current speed and battery capacity on screen. There’s also a feature that allows you to switch to cruise control.
9. RazorX Cruiser
- Design: The 5 layers of maple provide the deck with enough flex to absorb the bumps and dips in the road. It is extremely lightweight making it quite easy to maneuver.
- Motor: The RazorX is for kids aged 9 and up. It is powered by a single 125W hub motor. It is mounted in the right wheel. The RazorX can go up to 10mph.
- Battery: A lithium battery Capable of an output up to 24V. On a full charge, the battery has a lifespan of 5 to 6 miles.
- Remote Control: A rider-friendly remote control. With an on/off switch and a basic throttle. It fits perfectly in your hand and it is so simple to use.
10. SwagBoard NG-1
- Design: The maple wood deck, embedded with grip tape, ensures maximum body balancing and center of gravity streamlining. Swagtron recommends a maximum weight of 175 pounds so basically it’s designed for youngsters.
- Motor: The NG-1 is definitely not the fastest E-skate yet, the single-wheel-based motor can generate enough torque and go as fast as 11mph. The acceleration rate is also pretty decent for a motor of its size.
- Battery: Positioned at the rear side middle of the deck, the 24V Li-on Battery provides enough power for the skate to roll for 10 miles on a single charge. It’s not too much but still enough for a beginner. It takes a total of 4 hours to fully charge the battery.
- Remote Control: It can be used to navigate through busy roads and vehicle jams with ease. It’s also provided with a cruise control feature. And it has a wrist strap so you don’t have to worry about dropping it.