- Best Iron for Quilting – Review and Buying Guide
Best Iron for Quilting – Review and Buying Guide
Ironing your clothes is very important to keep them in shape and looking their best. And the greatest challenge in ironing has always been posed by delicate fabrics.
Quilting irons are the perfect choice for you if you deal with delicate fabric and quilting jobs.
The following are some of the best Irons for quilting available in the market:
1. Oliso TG1100 Smart Iron with iTouch Technology
The Oliso TG1100 Smart Iron is designed especially for quilters and sewists. It has classy features that make it the perfect choice for the soft fabric. It comes with iTouch technology that lowers scorch guards with the touch of your hand and lifts when you’ve stopped ironing.
- Chromium finished extra thick stainless steel plate for durability and scratch resistance.
- Auto shuts off for safety after 8 minutes if standing, or after 30 seconds if knocked over.
- 1800 watts of power for quick heating and saving up to 30% time.
- Tripleplay Xtremesteam technology that gives you three powerful steam settings and a 12. 7 oz. side-fill tank.
- 2″ detailer tip and a 12′ cord.
2. Rowenta DW9280 Digital Display Steam Iron
The Rowenta DW9280 Digital Display Steam Iron is a powerful machine that gives you the professional-quality result. This iron boasts of being a long-lasting iron with features like stainless-steel soleplate, an anti-calcium system to use any water, and an auto-cleaning system. It has a powerful steam pushing motor that makes it more effective than other steam irons.
3. Rowenta DW5197 Focus steam iron
Named the official partner of fashion, Rowenta DW5197 Focus steam iron is a favorite choice of fashion designers and quilters alike. This iron has a stylish profile and great features that make it powerful, elegant, and efficient. It comes with an ergonomic, easy-to-read thermostat knob; auto-steam; a burst of steam for stubborn wrinkles; vertical steam for hanging items, and many more features.
4. CHI Retractable Cord Iron
The CHI retractable cord iron gives you a professional level performance in your home for an ultimate polished look. It has an 8′ retractable cord that winds up with the push of a button, making it one of the most convenient to store irons. It comes with a powerful steam delivery system and an adjustable steam lever goes from no steam to full power with just a quick slide.
5. BLACK+DECKER Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron, D2530
The BLACK+DECKER Steam Iron gives you professional results with any type of fabric along with a digital control advantage. It comes with Digital Temperature Control that makes it easy to customize fabric and steam settings. This iron is durable and performs well over a long time of use.
What to look for when buying a quilting iron?
Quilting irons have always been one of the top-performing irons because they deal with some of the most fragile clothes. Quilters need the best performing irons to suit their work. Following is what you should look for in a quilting iron:
- A powerful steam press with consistent steam flow gives you the best results.
- Sole plates should be made of ceramic or stainless steel for smooth gliding over the clothes.
- The temperature setting should provide you with a preset temperature range for different fabrics.
- The iron should be heavy enough to do its work and not too heavy to control.
- The iron should have safety measures and should be durable. Low-quality irons may cause fires.
- The controls should be convenient for you. You can choose from sliders, switches, dials, and even digital control.
These features are necessary for any iron to be considered among the best irons for quilting. Also, you must always use an ironing board for the best results.
Conclusion: If you work with delicate fibers or are a professional designer or quilter, the above-mentioned best Iron for quilting for you. They all have amazing safety standards and are tailored for your need. So if you want to buy a new quilting iron, the majority of the work has been done by us.